Why Choose Us
Positive about Barrier Free Homes
Accessible property register helps individuals connect with adapted wheelchair friendly properties offered for sale or to rent. Whether it be a holiday home with What is an accessible property? Accessible property’ means a home where the design and layout is free of barriers that might limit its suitability for some potential buyers. For example, a property with steps to the front entrance is unlikely to appeal to a wheelchair user.
For disabled and older people, good access can be a real selling point, and increasingly important to remember as the proportion of older people in the population continues to rise. And it’s not just disabled and older people – how many young mums really want to drag a toddler in a buggy up a flight of steps just to get to the front door?
Many new homes are designed with access as part of the design providing features such as
• Level access shower or wet rooms
• Adapted kitchen with lowered working services
• Wider-than-standard doorways
• Easy access to upper floors withstairlifts or through-the-ceiling lift
• Fixed or tracking ceiling hoists
• Level or ramped access to the garden